Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Confessions of a Listomaniac

My favourite pastime at work when I get bored (which is often) is to make lists (now that I don’t have access to gtalk)… It’s a bad habit I picked up from my dad during the 1996 World Cup, when we would bond over lists like “The Dream Team: The Top 11 Players of 1996 WC” or the “Top 11 batsmen” or “Top 11 bowlers” or… you get the drift. Of course, since then I have moved on to cooler lists, like the top five celebrities I would like to sleep with (has never happened but I have had great pleasure making that list), or the top five books I have read, or the top five places I would like to visit (this year I plan to visit at least one of them) so on and so forth…

Ever since I watched Despicable Me (a welcome relief from the cribbing nagging Jennifer Aniston movies), I have been totally blown away by the funny dialogues. So here is a list of some of the funniest movie dialogues I have come across:

“I live at home with my parents. It’s just temporary… till they die…” – Gamers-The Movie

All I have ever wanted was an honest week’s pay for an honest day’s work.” – Sgt. Bilko

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” – Fight Club

“That sex was the most fun I have ever had without laughing”- Annie Hall

And my favourite:
“The physical appearance of please doesn’t make any difference!” – Despicable Me

(never understood why people use PRETTY please.)

Please add your contributions to the list...

3 comments:

prachetash said...

Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don’t know, I wasn’t really paying attention. :)

- Dumb and Dumber

prachetash said...

And the fight club one is NOT funny! It's intense and true! It's by Tyler Durden for chrissake!

Nefertiti said...

@prachetash
ur blog is still stuck at 3 entries!! get moving...