Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Seven Year Itch

Last weekend anon was in town after almost two years. We did what we usually do, i.e. she comes home, criticizes everything about my life, then SH joins and they both gang up against me, we shop, we watch movies, we meet the guys and we all get drunk together. Of course, now that it’s been over seven years since we have known one another, we end up repeating the same old stories, playing the same old music and cracking up on the same old lame jokes. The only difference is now, some of us are married and we expect them to laugh and enjoy the same way as we do, even though they have no background or context. But they politely oblige us and even patiently take pictures while we pose trying to recreate the past, notwithstanding the receding hair line, the bulging stomach or the wrinkles under the eyes.

So as I try to trace back my life over the last few years, here is a journey back in time: from college to Goa to Kerala to Coorg to Singapore to Malaysia to Cambodia to Goa again, these are the people I have grown up with, learnt to drink with, traveled with or simply called up in the middle of the night to crib…

SH, me and anon in the first term of college…

And on my birthday in campus on a cold December night…

On our way to Kerala…

Our roomie bonding trip to Goa…

Then in Singapore after graduating…

Roadtrip to Coorg…

Not to mention Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia…

Again in Phnom Penh, Cambodia…

Finally the Goa wedding last year…

Never even realized how the last seven years simply went by while we were busy making other plans

14 comments:

R~ said...

I stumbled upon your blog quite by accident. (maybe not, google freaks me out sometimes!) We seem to have quite a lot in common - SCMHRD, SAF, your book list. Just thought to mention it here.
I like the way you write. Simple language, kind of like you are holding a conversation with your reader.

Nefertiti said...

@R
Hey
welcome and keep reading. promise you it's a regular blog of a normal (well, semi normal) person, so nothing to get freaked out about. Was going through some of your posts. Quite engaging!

R~ said...

Thanks. Now that I am done with placements, I am going to be more regular. Btw, the swing on campus is off limits to students now :|

anusia said...

I wish you people stay together forever. You have already started enjoying your life. I wish you enjoy more in your life.

Gokul said...

They were missing at the Goa wedding?

Shilpa said...

Wonderful post and cute pics
Do visit my blog http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

GST Training Delhi said...

very informative post American state|on behalf of me} as i'm perpetually craving for new content that may facilitate me and my data grow higher.

~ Icarus said...

You stopped blogging? How come?

P.S. - You recall me?

UI UX Design Training said...

I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

App Development Company Delhi said...

That is an especially good written article. i will be able to take care to marker it and come back to find out further of your helpful data. many thanks for the post. i will be able to actually come back.

Sainsologi said...

Well, India is nice, isn't it? The peoples are all beautiful and a bit friendly

luckys said...

gta 5 apk
From the huge amounts of remarks on your articles, I figure I am by all account not the only one having all the satisfaction here

luckys said...

Last weekend anon was in town after almost two years. We did what we usually do, i.e. she comes homegta 5 apk

Kappu said...

Have you stopped blogging? Why!