Sunday, July 10, 2011

But It Rained


See, I am this very mature, pragmatic and realistic person who doesn’t believe in ‘happily ever after’ or romantic love stories that I read or watch in movies. That’s just ‘research’ for ‘understanding the human psychology’ and for those who may have seen me cry while watching “KKHH”, “DDLJ”, “Object of My Affection” or “When Harry Met Sally” for the nth time, well, it was just that I have a problem with my contact lenses, which make me LOOK like I am crying, when I am actually NOT. And just for the record, I have read ONLY ONE M&B and two Danielle Steele novels in my life.

Anyway, so EVEN for someone so practical (as clearly established above), there is something about the Mumbai rains which turn me into a hopeless romantic. I just can’t help it.

It makes me want to go to Goa, get drenched and dance (jump up and down) uninhibitedly...

It makes me want to go back to my college days and sit on Marine Drive just staring at the sea…

It makes me want to cuddle under the blanket, eat khichuri and aloo bhaja

It makes me want to go back to school and play football (even though I was the goalie) because that was the only way I could spend some time with the boy…

It just makes me cry... (damn the lenses)

23 comments:

Neil D'souza said...

Welcome back. Now that youre here, stay for a while. A long while.

Nefertiti said...

@neil

welcome back to you too. and now that youre here, stay for a while. A long while :)

Neil D'souza said...

Touche ! I think I will. The tides seem to be turning.

ssoggo said...

Aww, what a sweet post... For a change! :)

ssoggo said...

Aww, what a sweet post... For a change! :)

ssoggo said...

And I really have no idea why my comments get posted twice!

Nefertiti said...

@neil
one pricey bitch u r... now I will hv to worry about quality control over my blog also, lest the GREAT NEIL doesn't consider it good enuf!

@ssoggo
What do you mean, "for a change?" I think the double comment is your inherrent desire to make me look popular. so sweet...

Neil D'souza said...

@ Nef - You will thank me later.

@ ssogg0 - Totally agree with you on the for a change bit.

Anonymous said...

N & N - Whats this mutual admiration society!? Why u both bonding!

@ Nef - Nice one! This post is so u...! :)

Nefertiti said...

@neil/pricey bitch
I really doubt that...

@Anon/shivangi
We are bonding over you, discussing all your shortcomings. AND STOP COMMENTING AS ANON

ssoggo said...

@Nef: Wish you'd return the favor some day! :P

@Neil: *Sigh* At least someone accepts the truth..!

Neil D'souza said...

This is a very funny comment window !

Nefertiti said...

@ssoggo: sure, as soon as u stop taking neil's side. you have no idea who he is...

@neil
stop basking in the glory of being the only guy among three women... u r a sad sad person!

Neil D'souza said...

@ Nef - The fact that there are only 4 people (counting you) who comment on your blog makes me a sad person? Ill post a reply if I ever do figure that one out :-)

Nefertiti said...

@neil
i repeat, 8 followers to my 35... case closed.

Neil D'souza said...

Do any of those 35 actually read your blog or are they just there on that side tab to show their mock support?

Nefertiti said...

@neil
at least i have mock support; i dont need to prowl around on other POPULAR blogs to find readers...

Neil D'souza said...

Those people and I hope they dont read this, are like the Left parties when they first supported the Congress. Present on paper but absent everywhere else.

Speaking of absenteeism, someone has been missing for a couple of days. Bring her back!

Nefertiti said...

@neil

You only like my depressing posts. U LIKE SEEING ME UNHAPPY. Why can't you enjoy my brilliant sense of humour and cynicism towards my work as well??

Neil D'souza said...

Maybe you're right. Or maybe that's when the real Nef shines. Think about it. Im just the messenger.

Rich! said...

i loved your expression in this one:) as refreshing as the Mumbai rains!!

Nefertiti said...

@rich

thank you!

Makk said...

Dont you feel, cry post draw more comments then happier one?

:)

This country cant celebrate smiling faces it seems.