Saturday, July 14, 2007

S"CRAP"PY DAY!!!!!

The terror of FCQ has caught on and I feel completely victimized. 18 subjects, you can have tests in any of them! That is not my idea of an ideal Saturday morning. Invariably we end up taking some “calculated risks” and invariably they don’t pay off. Like today, most of us ignored Research Methodology and we had a paper on that! I had no clue what to write, chewed my pen for 30 mins and royally gave up. Of course, it doesn’t make much of a difference since our entire room was dismissed for indiscipline and our papers were SCRAPPED!. Not that I would have scored more if we were evaluated fairly! The second quiz was French, and it was ridiculously funny. I was racking my brains on French verbs when the invigilator walked up to me and said that my paper will be SCRAPPED. I had no clue about the reason- I just thought that it’s her habit to say “your paper will be SCRAPPED” every ten minutes! But when she told me it was because I was wearing a sleeveless kurta, I felt like bursting into laughter! So our CGPA is also a function of the dress code. I had to feed her up with a pack of lies about my sorry wardrobe, about the dhobi not returning my clothes, about me wearing the same dress for 3 days. At last she bought it and let me off this time. Even if I get a good percentage, the relative grading really screws things up! In other words I have started wondering whether I made the right career choice and if MBA is indeed my cup of tea!
As a part of Corporate Communications, I finally get to do a lot of stuff that I love to do and don’t really mind the hard work, the long meetings, bad tempered seniors or deadlines… in fact it gives me an excuse to stay awake in boring lectures and write something constructive. But yesterday, we had our first encounter with the director and it far from pleasant- let’s just say he handed me the most humiliating moment of my life. But the seniors seemed so immuned to it, and apparently he was quite decent to us! I don’t think I am ready to go anywhere near to his office in the near future. But one thing is for sure, if I survive his abuses, I can safely survive any number of irritable bosses!

No comments: