Friday, October 8, 2010

That time when I tell myself that ALL jobs have dignity including this...

Here is the latest from my never-ending quest for the perfect job (apparently, like the perfect man, the concept of the perfect job is also a myth)…

Yesterday I get an email from a popular job site, addressed specifically to me…
My reaction: Sigh of relief (at least this isn’t one of those mass mails for call centre/BPO profiles)

The role is of an ‘advisor’ which sounds respectable and impressive…
My reaction: Interested I scroll down for more details

Salary is 15k-17k per month with incentives ranging from 3k-40k pm…
My reaction: Dampened, but still curious about the 40k incentive per month, I scroll down further

The ‘prime responsibility’ is stated as “cold calling and selling sexual enhancement products to U.S. clients”…
My reaction: Remove CV from job site immediately (only to upload it back on the next morning)

But seriously, why am I getting shortlisted for such bizarre roles?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang around Suzy!!!

Nefertiti said...

@anonymous

yup. but who is this?

ssoggo (Poorwa) said...

Oh that was totally amazing! I have to say, you must've topped the list of werido job profile short-listings!
I remember being irritated at being shortlisted for the stupidest of things, but this was the best! :)
As of now, none of my jobs have been through job portals, and I've given them up as a bad job (pun not intended):P

Nefertiti said...

@ssoggo

Well i have been lukcy with job portals, so even though I have to go through unpleaant eperiences like this one, eventually with LOTS of patience, I managed a decent one through a job portal only. So not giving up on them quite so soon!