Saturday, April 28, 2007

IIM Results Out!!

Finally after months of speculation the quota cauldron has been temporarily put on hold and the IIMs came out with their merit list! As I surfed through Pagalguy i came across LIFE... with its shades of grey!! Ecstatic people, who after months (in most cases years) of hard work, finally made it, people recounting their past disappointments in previous attempts and their sheer joy after being rewarded at last, mixed feelings for people waitlisted n heartbreak for those who couldnt make it... it was all there, in front of my eyes. I was happy for some of the regular Puys who did get through, was amazed at the rejection of some of the most brilliant minds and one particular Mr Prem Ravi, a 30 year old who recently had a baby girl, who had only one call (IIMA), who was an inspiration for me n many others, who was a living example that if you want something bad enough, you will find a way out, no matter what the obstacles. I haven't met him, nor do I know how his GD/PI went, but I believe that nobody deserved it more than he did: his struggle has touched a chord with anybody who still has some humanity left in him/her!! I don't know why he was rejected but for once, even I, who is so passionately against the quota regime, just for one tiny moment, wished that the OBC quota will come through, just to make room for him! But the next moment I regained my sanity: his not being there, is a loss to IIMA!!!
I have deep respect for the IIMs as an institute, but I can't say the same for their selection criteria. Having said that, it had been my dream to be a part of it, ever since I was fifteen! I have grown up in Calcutta, and after a few visits to the IIMC Campus, some stories about the faculty by my father, some experiences narrated by a friend, I fell in love with it!! Now it hit me that I will probably never be a part of it and it did bring a few tears...I almost felt that may be I should take one more shot at CAT, but thankfully I grew up real fast!! IIMs are not the end of the world, I know I am good (and humble...) and I will be happy! and of course, SCMHRD is an amazing institute and am deeply grateful that I am going to be part of it for the next two years...
So... here goes... life is an open road... let the engines roll

1 comment:

Shankar Iyer said...

ATB with SCMHRD, I passed out this year and indeed "Journey was the reward". Agree with ur view point on the post.