Thursday, November 1, 2012

Little Miss Sunshine

Call me a spoilt only kid, but I have always been treated like a princess at home: not so much in materialistic terms, but definitely when it comes to affection, attention and appreciation…

Call me a lucky girl who always had her way, but I have always been pampered by my friends: not too many of them, but definitely when it comes to roommates, flat mates, batch mates and colleagues…

Call me a corporate slob cushioned by MNC policies, but I have always been offered things without even asking for them: money, respect, freedom and more recently, power…

Is that why I expect so much more from life because I am used to it?
Is that why I am easily disappointed when people let me down?
Is that why I am so unforgiving to people I care about?

Is that why my life is a complicated web of sheer happiness, longing and despair?

4 comments:

survivingbrain said...

the luckier you are, the more unhappy you are.

Nefertiti said...

@sb

you forget they are insanely happier also at times...

survivingbrain said...

I know, but that is the trade-off. You win some, you lose some. You win a lot, you lose a lot.

xibi said...

:)