Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Beginning of the end?

Well, you can be screwed, and then again, you can be ROYALLY screwed!! Now that my 2nd sem end term exams have begun, the term “royally screwed” has been redefined… I thought I was royally screwed in my Chemistry paper in class XII board exams where I could manage to attempt only 60% of the paper. Then, I thought I was royally screwed in some 10 GDs that I sat for during my saga of management entrance exams. But now that I given two end term exams it’s misery revisited all over again.
Now economics is the only academic subject that I really enjoy and am passably ok in it. I had done decently in my class tests, but for a change I wasn’t happy at “merely passing”. So I bugged the professor (I have a soft spot for him given that he teaches well and was the interviewer in the panel last year and made the biggest mistake of his life by offering me a seat at SCMHRD) to allow me to take the viva along with the students who have missed the test. He warned me that he is going to screw my case (in a politer, more fatherly language, but it essentially meant the same thing) but I took up the challenge. Well, what could he possibly ask? I have done this for three years in my graduation and managed to top my university and I teach people here. Well, I soon found out! He bombarded me with apparently innocuous questions but every time I ventured an answer he found some cinch in the armour. So I sat there, looking down hoping for a hole in the floor so that I can disappear, while a sparkling grin lingered on his lips continuously until I froze and refused to open my mouth. Finally when he let me go, I just covered my face and stormed out of the room, running till I was safely in the cafeteria! Gosh, I never want to see his face again… hmmm, so both finance and Economics electives are out of contention! At this rate, I shall have nothing to study in the 3rd sem and I will be the dreaded student banned by all centres of excellence!!
The other paper was Oracle Financials. Well, let’s just say, we didn’t foresee the oracle that we were about to be royally screwed, that mugging up 250 questions from the question bank can backfire and that herd mentality can sometimes really push you down the hill! So I seem to be paving the way for a very busy 3rd sem: people say there is too much free time in the 2nd year. Well I have other plans- I am apportioning my backlogs judiciously to make sure that I have my hands full!

7 comments:

Abhishek Sharma said...

lol "royally screwed" jus saw so many potential candidates..../
but yes i think everybody has a list of wen
"he was down"
"he was underground"
nd
"he was OUT"
so guess "royally screwd" is like the "inflation figures of india"
jus that we hope it does not update weekly....
i am no intellectual nd i liked wat i read../

Abhishek Sharma said...

lol "royally screwed" jus saw so many potential candidates..../
but yes i think everybody has a list of wen
"he was down"
"he was underground"
nd
"he was OUT"
so guess "royally screwd" is like the "inflation figures of india"
jus that we hope it does not update weekly....
i am no intellectual nd i liked wat i read../

Abhishek Sharma said...

the first and the most recent
dint find a place in the scmhrd final list :)...tho am waitin for IMT final list...so atleast wont be royally screwd in pune...
Ghaziabad, Fingers crossed....:)

Nefertiti said...

hey abhishek

sorry abt the scmhrd thing... dnt worry, it just depends a lot on luck n ur performnce on tht given day! nyways atb for IMT! n even being at scmhrd, i am discovering "royally scrwed" with each passing exam :(

Abhishek Sharma said...

dint feel very bad but must say....it was organized amazingly well.....u ppl were really gr8 a very good experience..../
yeah well MBA institutes can say on their Gates..../

"entrants will be shot , survivors will be shot again...!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Suchindran said...

shimonti...why take a load..i am having similar ideas for my third sem as well...use the time judiciously to give my backlogs