Monday, March 3, 2008

Lil Pleasures!

Being a part of a B-school, we tend to get carried away with the so-called important things like placements, summers, CGPA, CTC etc etc and often miss the little things which probably gives us more happiness than the ones that lure us to B-schools…
At SCMHRD, in the past 8 months, I haven’t had much of a chance to look beyond FCQs, assignments, presentations or backlogs (ahem!), but now that I have 2 exams early in the morning tomorrow, I think this is the best time to introspect about those little things….
Street Food just outside the campus: If you don’t find me in the cafeteria or the juice shop, you will definitely find me outside the gate feasting on the delightful fruit chart, dabeli, falooda or phuchka (at last a place which comes close to Kolkata!)
Late night movies: I have never put my laptop to such amazing use ever before- it caters to my every whim: romance, drama, comedy, action or just some hearty laughs! All I need to do is turn on some old episodes of FRIENDS, or the ever popular tear-inducing When Harry Met Sally or the gripping Godfather, and tune in till I am fast asleep with the lappy on my lap until a kind room mate decides to switch it off!
Gossip: Put a group of 10 people together, and in no time we would have dissected the entire batch: who went out with who, who kissed who, who got drunk and embarrassed themselves, who broke up with who, and much more: the most romantic stories are cooked up in the idle pastures of the campus lawn or the hostel rooms which gives complete uninhibited freedom to our creativity! And yes, guys gossip too and they are worse than the girls!
Bus Journeys to the city: Being tucked away in one remote corner of Hinjewadi, 14 kms away from the Pune city has its disadvantages and nobody knows it better than me: remember my determined walk from Wakad or my misadventures of trying to catch the college bus in order to save money! But it’s a different experience altogether when all of us jostle against each other in the crowded 5 p.m. bus, dressed in jeans and T-shirts (a welcome relief from the campus dresscode), singing along till our voices become hoarse and the one-hour journey suddenly comes to an end as we happily troop down at E-square and discover modern civilization after a month long break!
Cricket matches in the Audi: Ok, granted India doesn’t win too many matches. But that doesn’t stop the over-optimistic souls from crowding into the auditorium to cheer for the men in blue and the atmosphere is almost as electrifying as the unruly Eden Gardens crowd- I have been a part of both, and I have behaved in the same barbaric manner each time!

3 comments:

Raghav said...

Ahh..I see so much of my experiences in your post there..ur blog like ramya's is quite nostalgic..add a couple of pics too if u can..man am gonna miss scmhrd!

kepp blogging :-)

Raghav

koo said...

the closest experience to boarding school life was thru enid blytons malory towers.thks to u i feel iam almost in scmhrd.keep writing.u are too good!

Nefertiti said...

to raghav
hey thnks a lot!! i hv read ramya's blog n loved it. wish she would continue posting. n we will make sure u dnt miss scmhrd!keep coming bck...

usha aunty
:) while in school i grew up with the st clares and malory towers girls! now I hv lived in a hostel for 5 yrs and it seems that I was born in in one!n thnx for reading.