Friday, October 21, 2011

TGIF... Really?

I have been staring at the screen for over 60 hours this week: vacant, blank, empty. My eyes are lined with dark circles, my head hurts and my body aches. I have work piled on my desk email, and I am completely lost. It’s Friday (and I have no plans, except that I do know I have to work late and fill up the damn year-end appraisal form), next week it’s Diwali and yet, I am as far away from the festive season as I could possibly be.

What happened to those Friday nights when we would brave the Mumbai traffic and local trains just to go to HRC or ogle the Bandra crowd?

What happened to those Friday nights when we would have all the enthusiasm in the world to dress up at 10:00 in the evening and go for the latest movie on the first day itself, irrespective of how bad the movie was? (ajab prem ki ghazab kahani anyone?)

What happened to those Friday nights when we would rush straight to the bar from work (to take advantage of the last 30 minutes of the happy hour) with me cribbing about the huge laptop bag and the shabby outfit?

What happened to those Friday nights when we would just stay at home, watch Friends and kick off our weekend pizza marathon?

What happened to the kohl-rimmed eyes, the high heels and that transparent shade of lip gloss?

What happened to the uninhibited laughter?

What happened to me?

4 comments:

Neil D'souza said...

This is called - growing old ....

Ire said...

My first visit here...you need a vacation!

Makk said...

You need a job switch..asap.

Nefertiti said...

@neil
and this is called... me "unfriending you".

@nikita
welcome! n i just did have an awesome vacation. but you are right, i need one every month.

@makk
lol... i need a career switch, not just a job switch.