Saturday, June 2, 2007

1st day at SCMHRD!!


Well, it was one of the most eagerly awaited days of my life, and now it's past me... my first day at what most people would describe as the central jail of Pune!!
I reached the city yesterday morning and on reporting, I was handed over the welcome brochure, my schedule, a rose and yeah, the much hated saree! After making arrangements for my parents in the guest house I allocated to my new hsotel room- it was a spacious 3 seater, with a bed, a pillow, a table, a cupboard for each of us as well as an attached bathroom... i had stayed in a couple of hostels in Bombay and this is my fifth year of hostel life, and compared to what I was used to, this was HEAVEN!!!
Well first day was pretty chilled out, i showed my parents round the campus, opened the account at SBI, applied for a new mobile connection, got acquainted with my two room mates. In the evening went to Pune city where my mother went berserk for 2 hours as she behaved like a teenaged shopaholic (worse than me, and I am tough competition)
Well, the campus itself was pretty amazing- it was completely self sufficient: from a health centre, a well equiped gym, yoga centre, swimming pool, basketball court, TT board, a general store, cafeteria, juice bar, mess and photocopy centre- there was indeed no need to go out. However in case we felt like some contact with civilisation (come on, we do need to visit a bar, or smoke, or watch timepass movies unlike the highbrow stuff showed in the auditorium, or just get away...) there were college buses in the campus which will take us to the city!
It was kind of a dream come true- I had always wanted the feeling of being on campus: it makes your education complete in diferent aspects and also the experience is enriching... well I guess I will come out from my girlish notions pretty soon, but until then, let me just sit back and enjoy the symbiosis experience!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I somehow never read this post!! I guess during those days u wud not force us to read ur blog..! its cute...makes me think of clge.. :|

Nefertiti said...

@anon

yea good old days... when you did not form a painful part of my life :)