Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Snapshots from hell, and a few peeks into heaven

So this is my 4th week at scmhrd n so far it’s been a rollercoaster ride!! So here is a look at the highlights- apart from the regular complaints- gym at 6 am, heaps of assignments, presentations, exams, lack of sleep, bad food, dress code, bossing seniors…I can go on and on!!

The Anti Seema Aunty Club: Ok, this is really annoying, but somehow i am a sucker for creativity even if it's not too flattering for me... firstly, my batchmates and faculty make a mess of my name (as expected) n call me Simanti (and not Shimonti), then one resourceful group member decided to change it to Seema Aunty. Now i hv a developed a bad reputation for being a foul mouthed, psychotic, bad tempered girl and they actually gone ahead with an anti-seema aunty club, and the membership is building up fast.
Food or Sleep- take your pick: I have heard a lot of gyaan about Maslow’s pyramid which says that your need are in a hierarchy where the base of the pyramid consists of your physiological needs- food, clothing, sleep… while success and respect come higher up in the order. But I think this college has neglected our physiological needs completely and directly trying to satisfy a higher need! Yesterday, for instance, I was so tired after the morning lecture, I found it hard to keep my eyes open during the MM class even though it was taken by my fav prof, Mr Banerjee! Somehow I escaped without being sent off “to wash my face”, and during lunch break I headed straight to my room to steal an hour’s sleep n gave up my lunch!! So now the trade off is between food and sleep. It seems like MBA cant even satisfy my basic needs, forget about a good lifestyle…

Cake Fund: Almost everyday we seem to be celebrating somebody’s birthday…. N everyday we end up passing around money to the guy who has taken up the responsibility to arrange for the b’day cake…now he has come up with a very innovative idea that we should all contribute Rs 100 to the “cake fund” which will cater to all our b’day needs!! Talk about a business idea… well just in case he manages to flunk his MBA or get chucked out of scmhrd (both options seem very likely to me now) he can always think about developing his business plan…

Bharatnatyam in a track suit: well I always knew I was a Phd in making a fool of myself, but this was one of the best illustrations. We were celebrating a b’day party at our only disc these days (Sweety stores, the extremely profitable retail outlet on campus) and since the cake was delayed, we were amusing ourselves n letting out the artist in us. I was lounging around in a tracksuit so when they dragged me into the middle and started singing a random hindi song, all I could do was a few steps of b’natyam and a couple of typical hindi movie jhatkas- my 15 seconds of ridicule!!!

Sell Anything to Anybody: How do you sell condoms to a girl and sanitary napkins to a guy???? What the hell, you ask yourself? Well if you a part of Scmhrd, these are a few answers you can be ready with! Well my question is simpler- how the hell do you sell anything to anybody??? I have no clue; I can’t even sell myself, let alone a product. I think I need serious help as far as marketing is concerned.

No comments: