Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Convincing myself...

I just wrote my last exam, probably the last exam of my life (unless I have to come back in October for yet another backlog paper), and it’s time to go, it’s time to move on, it’s time to pack, it’s time for goodbyes, and it’s time for those nauseous gtalk status messages about leaving and nostalgia and missing people…

But this is where I step in (to add some perspective to the situation) with my list (yet another) of the things at SCMHRD that I am NOT going to miss:

1. The Exam department and all its nakras, and attitude and its oath to make life as difficult for as possible. From the first day when my FCQ paper was scrapped because I wore sleeveless to the last day when they refused to tell my backlog marks even when they had it; it’s been one hell of a journey, and by hell, I use it literally! And I am not the only victim here, ask any student and you will know what we have been subjected to. So, saying goodbye to the exam department is going to be a sweet sweet experience!
2. The attendance and admin department for all the fines they imposed, for all the sleepless nights (and early mornings in the gym) they forced us into, for all the missed breakfasts, for all the TNGs, for all the faked exemptions, for all the begging, pleading, crying, they were just doing their job, and boy, were they doing it well!
3. The here today, gone tomorrow wifi connection. And just for the record, no, we do NOT have wifi on that far off mountain…
4. The regular power cuts in the 2nd year…
5. The claustrophobic bus rides which gives rise to all the rumour mills…
6. The security guards and their jarring whistles at 11:30 sharp to send the boys and the girls on their separate ways. Really, who does that in a B school?
7. The HRD-IT-IB rivalry which at times turned ugly especially during Symbiolympics.
8. The monotony of being stuck in a godforsaken place tucked away in one godforsaken corner
9. The 12 hour classes, the IT subjects, the FCQs, the rat race, the long nights
10. And finally, Subbu… no, I am definitely not going to miss him!

Yeah, I am done, with my last ditch pathetic attempt to make myself feel better about leaving this place but no. it’s not working…I am going to miss this place not because of it, but in spite of it!

2 comments:

Ashwin said...

hmmm u did not write about things u`ll miss like :
24x7 free gym, "healthy " food at mess,cutting edge library etc etc

Nefertiti said...

@ ashwin
:) things i will miss?? well that list is wayyyy tooo long; n the idea behind that post was to make myself feel good abt leaving amidst all the nostalgia, goodbyes n promises....